Around this time of year there are heaps of bloggers writing posts about this joyous Thanksgiving holiday gathering friends, family, and loved ones. These are great, and I thought about writing one too. however, I realized that would be boring and I hate boring blogs. Even worse I have a strong no generic content policy that I abide so that left me only the option of a twist on the old Thanksgiving blog post with a hint of comedy and a full squeeze of sarcasm.
So on this lovely Thanksgiving Eve I decided I am going to go home and tell those closest to me in real life how I feel and in the meantime share some laughs and gaffs of things I’m (not so) thankful for, yet I put up with anyway (Pardon the Rant)…
- Spam: Just stop it already. I know there are really bad pictures of me on the internet. Have you seen my Facebook page?
- Brainless Retweeting: Really? That (insert bad content provided by popular person) was worth retweeting?
- Gratuitous Oversharing: Nobody (not even your mom, especially her!) wants to know that about you!
- Endless Public Conversations: Keep the string to 3 back and forth tweets. After that take it offline, or online via a medium that the entire world doesn’t have to see.
- Shameless Self Promotion: Be ashamed or stop doing it. If you wouldn’t do it in real life, don’t do it online…
- Know It All(s): You can’t possibly know everything about every topic. Sadly, you think you do.
- Fakes: Not everyone is sparkly and perfect. I love a bit of optimism, but I must ask…What color is the sky in your world?
- Trolls: In your world the sky is Black and your raining on everyone’s parade. Go crawl back in the hole you came from.
- Copiers and Me Too(ers): Do you have any ideas of your own?
- Ranting, Babbling, Sarcastic Wise Guys: People that write blogs like this one deserve to be on this list! I’m going to unfollow myself now.
Now that you all know what I’m (not really) Thankful for, just know…I am thankful for Family, Friends, Loved Ones, and those that make every day worth living to the fullest. <-- Did I include you? If you are here, then I'm sure I did! Happy Thanksgiving!