Sometimes to lead, you have to self-actualize; spend time reflecting on oneself, ones actions, and ones purpose. If you don’t, you risk losing sight of why you lead which is a risk no leader should be willing to take.
This weeks leadership post is in honor of Self-Awareness. As you aspire to inspire your teams with greatness may you take a moment to commit yourself to the following…
BE THE ONE…
- Who doesn’t blame another before asking what could I have done differently
- Who gives empathy always, and sympathy when appropriate
- Who doesn’t define success through the eyes of another
- Who is humbled by accomplishment and understands that leaders give credit far more often than they take it
- Who doesn’t accept the “Status Quo” – just because it has been done one way for a long time doesn’t mean it is the best way
- Who has the courage to ask – whatever the question may be
- Who chooses to embrace failure and then allow it to make you better
- Who leaves a mark on everyone you connect with – a catalyst for positive change
- Who seeks to make a difference each and every day you walk this earth
- Who doesn’t give up – Choose to persevere
- who always walks the talk
- who encourages honesty, inspires passion, and lives with integrity
Are you the one? If so, I thank you for your positive contribution. If not, I challenge you to be…the world needs you!
I’d like to thank Tristan Bishop (@KnowledgeBishop) for introducing me to the hashtag #BeTheOne on Twitter. It was this hashtag that has inspired me to write, share, and hopefully inspire with this post.